Webinar | Best Practice Biohazardous Waste Management
The Biohazard Waste Industry (BWI), a division of the Waste Management and Resource Recovery Association of Australia (WMRR) is launching its updated Industry Code of Practice for Managing Biohazardous Waste.
Now in its 8th edition, the BWI Code, as it is affectionately known, remains the leading and trusted resource for best practice biohazardous waste management. Over the years, it has been written, reviewed, and updated following extensive consultation with state and territory health agencies, environment and workplace health and safety agencies, and medical and nursing professionals.
At this webinar, you’ll hear from lead authors of the most recent iteration, including chair of the BWI division and Veolia’s national sales and business development manager – health, Tim Lee and Dr Trevor Thornton, lecturer and environmental consultant from Deakin University, who will discuss:
• Key updates in the edition and how they reflect the changes in industry and the environment.
• A snapshot of best practice biohazardous waste management.
• Guidance of the safe and appropriate handling of pandemic (or similar waste).
• Management of pharmaceutical waste.
• Australian Standards – sharps management.
• How to efficiently and effectively use the BWI Code.
The webinar will be facilitated by WMRR CEO, Gayle Sloan.
This is a free event for both members and non-members. All attendees will receive a discount on the Code of Practice.
Please sign-in or create a new account to register. If you already have an account but can't remember your login details please contact the national office on (02) 8746 5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Zoom details will be sent to all registrants after online registrations close at 4pm the day prior to the webinar.