ARE WE ON THE PATH TO 80% BY 2030?
From China Sword to ongoing disasters both natural and pandemic, there’s no doubt it’s been a tough few years for our essential industry. However, these challenges have put a spotlight on waste and resource recovery (WARR), highlighting the importance of material management, and the need to have a strong and resilient sector operating in Australia. In 2023, there is definitely a clear recognition at all levels of government on the importance of our industry, not only for supporting local business and communities but the role we play in driving investment, creating jobs and mitigating carbon.
Victoria is no exception. With the planned commencement of Container Deposit Scheme (CDS) later this year, roll out of the four (4) services system, single-use plastics ban, the commencement of Recycling Victoria (RV) and the national leading Recycled First policy - there’s a lot of activity underway, however will it be enough to hit the 2030 targets set out in Recycling Victoria?
The forum will bring together all levels of government with local and national industry experts to discuss the current challenges and future opportunities on the path to 80%, as they apply to the Victorian sector. The full-day program will be split into four (4) sessions looking at:
Session 1: The state of play in Victoria
Hear from state government representatives from EPA, SV and RV, including the recently appointed Head of Recycling Victoria, Tony Circelli, on their 2023 programs and priorities.
Session 2: Setting the scene
Get a complete picture of what the WARR sector looks like right across all levels of government. Understand the challenges at each level and how our essential sector can work with government to achieve success.
Session 3: Current projects
Learn about just some of the projects already underway and making an impact in Victoria. Find out what issues they’re tackling and what success looks like.
Session 4: Future priorities
What’s next? The final session of the day will focus on areas that will help fill the diversion gap and move Victoria along their path towards a circular economy.
View the program here.
SPONSORSHIP + EXHIBITION
Sponsor or exhibit at the forum to access a wide range of waste and resource recovery industry professionals, gain exposure, and help raise awareness of your business, products and /or services. Your organisation will benefit from networking opportunities with delegates from all levels of Government and peak providers from within sector.
Sponsorship opportunities are outlined in the prospectus. A limited number of exhibition spaces (trestle displays) are also available, placed within the catering area for maximum exposure and access to delegates. For further information please contact [email protected]
Check out our full list of sponsors and exhibitors here.
- Full registration includes entry to the forum and evening networking function, and a copy of the speaker presentations post-event.
- Forum registration includes entry to the forum and a copy of the speaker presentations post-event.
- Networking function registration includes entry to the evening networking function only (selection of drinks and canapes provided).
- Full payment is due at time of registration. For any other form of payment contact WMRR National Office to discuss.
- Cancellations must be notified in writing to WMRR at [email protected] Cancellations received on or prior to the 22 March 2023 will receive a refund less a 20% administration charge. Refunds WILL NOT be issued for cancellations received after 22 March 2023. Substitutions within organisations are welcome without penalty.
Sign in with your username and password to register for the event. If you do not have your log-in details contact the national office at [email protected] or call 02 8746 5000.
WITH THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS